I found this chair on the side of the road!! Yep on the side of the road in the trash so it called out Free to me!! I started by making sure it didn't need to be glued. I was fine. So I sanded off the old finish.
I then painted on a coat of flat black .
Sadie was keeping an eye on it, making sure it was drying even.
While the paint was drying I started to rip off the old fabric to the seat. Two gross layers and foam.
I pulled all the tacks out of the wood.
I picked out new fabric from my stock.
While recovering the seat I stopped to do a coat of green paint on the chair.
I picked out a fabric that has deer and ducks in the woods on it. I thought this would go great with the hunter green that I'm doing to do the chair in.
After tacking the fabric I used a cream color fabric to finish the bottom.
Once the paint was all dry I sand by hand to give it the primitive look.
I like to bring the wood out.
When it's all sanded I then wax the whole chair.
Here is the finished project! I love it.