Poiriers

Poiriers

Monday, April 9, 2012

Dresser Make-Over

I found this pine dresser for a steal. It's a two over three draw. The some of the runners needed to be replaced and the draw stops.
I sanded the draws first so I could picture the how it would look if the draws were a different color or stain from the body. From seeing this it made we want to stain the draws and paint the body of the dresser.I sanded down the rest of the dresser. The part that was going to be painted I sanded with 120 grit sandpaper with the powersander, and the stained parts I sanded with 220 grit sandpaper. I also sand with 220 by hand after the powersander to make sure the sander marks are all out. If you don't sand by hand after it may show the marks from the powersander when you stained it.The dresser was painted white at one time because the sides of the draws had white paint. I gave them a light sand inside and out. I then painted the side black just to give it a cleaner look. I also painted the body of the dresser black then green.
Here it is before I scuffed it.
Here it is all scuffed and waxed.
I'm very happy with the way it came out. It's going to be for sale at the Secret Garden soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment