Poiriers

Poiriers

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Minwax

I just finished a bookcase using Minwax Fast Drying Polyurethane. This will be my 2nd project using polyurethane. It really does dry fast. I wipe a light coat on with a rag. Then I sand with 220 sandpaper by hand. I do it very light just to get the bumps out then wipe on another light coat. I do this 3 to 4 times until it is smooth to the touch. I think it came out really nice. So nice I'm not sure I can sell it hehe.

I did my 2 coats of paint and scuffed it, then wiped wax over it.

I love this blue! :O) Can't wait to show you the other thing I'm working on!! You'll have to check back to see what it is!

2 comments:

  1. Love the blue! I'll have to get some of that; didn't even know MinWax had Polyurethane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susanna, I really like it. I'm going to try going over the paint on my next project and not use the dark wax like on this blue bookcase to see who that will look.

    ReplyDelete