Poiriers

Poiriers

Monday, May 23, 2011

Stripping A Door

There is so much stripping to be done at my work. I know your wondering why I'm writing about my work. My work has nothing to with Poirier's Crafts & Creations, but it really does!! If it wasn't for the places I have worked I would not be able to do some of the crafts at Poirier's. I do some stripping at home. Not with that the kind of stripper I use at my job, but a at home kind. From working at Morin's I have learned a lot about refinishing furniture. I also learned from the the other 3 wood places I have worked at. I have now worked with wood for almost 13 years.

My mother says it's because I grew up watching her refinish furniture at the house. She just might be right. I know I do crafts because of her.

Here is a door that Brian and I were working on today at Morin's. We are doing a restoration on a building. I have not seen the building yet. They started it before I came back to work. What a job it is. Brian and I are getting into a groove and moving right along!

I could not believe how many layers of paint that sucker had. I wish I knew the story behind each layer. Why did they pick the colors they did. What were they thinking!!! lol The door had a royal blue, moss green, white, red, wood like finish, white, dark gross brown, pink and white. I'm sure there were colors that didn't show up!

1 comment:

  1. I laughed when I read how many layers were on the door. My grandmother loved to paint, always freshening things up and changing colors. If she had a paintbrush in her hand and a can of paint, nothing was safe! When she died, my mother rescued a round kitchen table from her cottage and stripped it. It must have had 50 coats of paint on it! When it was finished, it turned out to be a beautiful oak pedestal table and will always be a family treasure, but it it will always remind my mother and me of Nanny and her paintbrush.

    ReplyDelete