Poiriers

Poiriers

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Antique Ice Box Make-Over

To tell you the truth I'm not sure if this is really an ice box or not. I have never come across something like this. It has a metal rack inside the top and drain holes.
 It came in painted on the outside only.
 It was stripped and the legs were taken off so I could sand them easier. Once the white paint was stripped off we found out the top and legs were painted black.
 
 I know the black paint was there years ago. It was more then likely the way it was sold. The owner didn't want it black any more so I sanded the black all off.
 This is the label on the inside of the lid.
 I forgot to get a picture of the little window on the top. I really wish I know why it was put there. I have looked on line and I guess I'm just not that good looking things up because I can't find one thing about this.
 What a differences from when it was painted!!


No comments:

Post a Comment