Poiriers

Poiriers

Monday, December 20, 2010

"Etsy" A Whole New Community

It all started with me making earrings for fun, then I got the bright idea of selling them. I had my sister in-law take them to her work, and a bunch sold. I was so happy, so I thought about selling them on e-Bay until a woman I met in passing said to try Etsy, I never heard of this so call Etsy. As soon as I got home I checked out the site. I could not believe my eyes. All of these handmade items, so many of them. People just like me selling there beautiful things . I must have spent half the day with my mouth hanging open checking out everyone little shops. Ya you get your own little shop with what ever name you pick!!!

So I did it. As of November 14, 2010 I opened up my own little shop call Poirier's Crafts & Creations. Did I make the right choice?? To tell you the truth I'm still not sure. What I can tell you is Etsy's has it's own little community of people. How I found out about that is....I posted my jewelry the next thing I know I have a message in my Etsy message box. I open it and it was from Just Because Crafts, letting me know that I was being featured in a treasury. A treasury to give new shops a chance to be noticed!

OK your asking what is a Treasury, well I just found out myself a month after being on!! Sad I know but a Treasury is Etsy's ever-changing, member-curated shopping gallery. Any shop owner can make a list of items that they like and people get to see them when they click you our treasury. Some treasury are picked to go onto the front page of the website!!! There is where you want to be, so people see your items! I made a treasury for newbie. I thought that someone did it for me I need to do it for others. In doing so I have met Jackie owner of belle hattie handbags. I also made other treasury and that's how I met Julie owner of Maddie Kay Handbags, Leanne owner of StudioLeanne, and Sholeh owner of Zeba. These four women have made me feel a part of Estys. You can get lost in everything and just to have someone help you out, or to say your shop looks great makes you feel so much better about what you are trying to do. Sholeh pointed some major things that I wasn't posting like my policies (about your shipping are rules). That is a big deal, I couldn't believe I over looked something like that!! They all have made me feel a lot more comfortable with Etsy.

Here are some pictures of their items.

belle hattie handbags www.etsy.com/shop/bellehattie

Maddie Kay Handbags www.etsy.com/shop/maddiekayhandbags StudioLeanne www.etsy.com/shop/StudioLeanne

Zeba www.etsy.com/shop/Zeba


Please take a look at what they have to offer! Why shop at those big box stores when you can get one of a kind things at Etsy!!!! You don't have to worry about walking into a room filled with people and looking the same. You are also helping out really people that are handmade artist! You also should read about the people you are buying from learn about who they are. It will make you want to buy from Etsy all the time!
At some point I will have to tell you about Teams, Blogs, and Circles.....I have a "Circle Sister"!!!
Thank you for taking the time to read this!!
Have a great Holiday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment